The Lake Fayetteville Watershed Partnership and City of Fayetteville team up twice a year to give Lake Fayetteville some TLC and are asking for your help! Lake Fayetteville is a popular destination, and volunteers can help take care of this well-loved spot by lending a hand to clean up litter around the lake's trails, streets, and park lands. Special emphasis will be given to the lake waters and shorelines to collect trash that has already entered the waterway.
Different ways you can plug in and help make this event a success:
* Wear rain boots, muck boots, or hip waders to help clean along the muddy banks where trash is hard to reach
* RSVP to bring a canoe/kayak and paddle the shores (Check in at Environmental Study Center)
* RSVP to borrow a kayak and paddle the shores (Check in at Marina)
* Show up! Bring yourself, some friends, or family, and take a short hike to one of the litter "hot-spots" found throughout the park
* Volunteer as a group. Let us know how many people from your organization or business would like to attend, and we can pre-arrange a cleanup area for you and have your supplies packed and ready to go when you arrive
* Assist with event recycling or breakdown.
Lake Fayetteville Environmental Study Center:
511 E. Lakeview Drive, Springdale, AR. 72764,
(Parking here is tight; please carpool if arriving as a large group, or check in at the marina.)
Lake Fayetteville Marina:
1330 Lake Fayetteville Road, Fayetteville, AR. 72764.
Supplies & Snacks:
Upon arrival, volunteers will receive supplies, instruction, and a cleanup destination.
Volunteers are encouraged to wear closed-toe, ankle supportive footwear. Light snacks will be provided; please remember to bring a refillable water bottle.
The cleanup will still happen with light rain, but start-time may be delayed in the case of thunder or lightning. If heavy rains are scheduled to persist, the event will be postponed or canceled and updates posted on the City of Fayetteville Facebook and Lake Fayetteville Watershed Partnership Facebook pages.
THANK YOU collaborators and sponsors! Lake Fayetteville Watershed Partnership, Illinois River Watershed Partnership, Boston Mountain Solid Waste District, Keep Arkansas Beautiful, The Rowing Club of NWA, Ozarks Off Road Cyclists, University of Arkansas Extension Stormwater Program, Benton County Environmental Division, and Gracie's Canoe and Camp.
This event is part of Pick Up Where You Play, a series of cleanups happening in Washington and Benton Counties this fall. All participants 18 and older will be entered to win a grand prize of a two-night cabin stay and float trip for 4 people at Gracie's Canoe and Camp in Pineville, Mo. on the Elk River!
For more information or to RSVP contact email@example.com.