KUAF has internships in our development, marketing and production programs. The station is interested in aspiring radio journalists and non-profit fundraisers who are familiar with public radio and would like to give it a try. All internships are unpaid but provide an excellent opportunity for credit and great work experience for your resume.
Development Intern - NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
KUAF’s development intern is responsible for helping the Development team in maintaining donor records, entering funds in the station database, coordinating and training volunteers, helping with the preparation and execution of events and on-air fundraisers and other duties as assigned for the station.
Working with the Membership Director and Underwriting Director, the development intern is responsible for the following:
- Learning and maintaining the station’s membership database Allegiance, entering checks and other revenue into Allegiance, changing donor addresses, running Underwriting billing and more
- Helping prepare and execute the on-air fundraisers by scheduling volunteers and food vendors, participating in volunteer trainings, overseeing volunteers during the drive and more
- Helping with donor communications including renewal mail, monthly reminders, e-newsletters, social media and more
- Helping with station events in all aspects of preparation, execution and evaluation
- Other duties as assigned
Marketing Intern - NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
KUAF’s marketing intern is responsible for promotion of station events, programs, stories and fundraisers through station social media accounts and through station email campaigns.
Working with the Membership Director, Underwriting Director, and General Manager, the marketing intern is responsible for the following:
- Creating, posting and curating content that interacts with KUAF membership through KUAF's social media outlets
- Creating, scheduling and tracking email campaigns through Constant Contact to KUAF's email lists
- Creating digital stories on KUAF.com for distribution through social media and newsletters
- Creating social media and email campaigns for each of KUAF's three on-air fundraisers each year
- Tracking and analyzing the effectiveness of social media posts and email campaigns
- Other duties as assigned, especially in the coordination and marketing of station events
KUAF's production intern works with KUAF Operations Manager, Pete Hartman, to assist with some or all of the following:
- Oversee online public service announcements, capture and create copy for on-air PSAs
- Oversee the general KUAF email account and disperse messages as appropriate
- Learn spot production and editing, gathering audio for sonic IDs
- Creating digital files for on-air fundraisers
- Creating, posting and curating local content and national content from NPR, APM and PRI for KUAF's social media outlets
- Other duties as assigned
All KUAF interns are required to work at least 10 hours a week.
If you are interested in an internship at KUAF, please send an email with resume attached, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify any radio, public media or non-profit experience you have and/or any relevant classes you have taken.